Thursday, April 30, 2009

Getting healthy

Ok, I am not one who has ever taken a diet seriously until now. For the past 2 years I have been putting on some extra stuffing around the middle, and in the past couple months I have really been having a little wee bit trouble getting into my jeans. So I decided that I needed to change my eating habits and I am now on day 4 of the new healthy me. I have been actually having a lot of fun and enjoying the challenge it provides me. Being self disciplined has helped me in more ways than one and I am grateful, that I am finally learning this value.
I am cutting back on the sugar for the kids slowly, and they whine and say this doesn't have enough sugar and I say, you just have to get use to it, our family is going healthy.

Kierstin & Tanner haven't eaten dinner for two days now, the younger three I can still tell them, well then no dessert. I am not going to be a fanatic about no sugar, but we have gotten into this cycle where that's about all they eat.

Jerott is on Medifast, a lot of his family have lost a lot of weight and are now maintaining it and staying healthy.

My kids don't need to loose weight and I am hoping that as we eat healthier, they may actually gain a little.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck. I am hoping to implement the same strategy here in a week. I've not gained much weight this pregnancy because I am already so over weight. I want to take off 50 lbs by christmas (wishing for 70) and yes I am that plump. No names picked out yet. Probably won't decide until we see him.

    ReplyDelete